Sunday, February 7, 2010

My First Page!

I finally got around to going out and buying supplies to begin my scrapbook! I don't have a lot of pictures currently, but I do have a lot printed of my sorority, so my first page is from a prior bid day. Here's a picture - apologies to the not so great quality, I will get around to using my camera to take pictures, but for now I have my webcam.

It's very simple, but this week I wanted to work on the basic concept. I have a few stickers/quotes, along with 2 pictures. I want to work on making it more detailed-oriented, with more intricate designs and what not. I'm still working on finding some sort of guidance with that - but the website I mentioned in my previous blog is very helpful!
Next week, I hope to make something more fun and exciting, and hopefully just more than one page. I will be making a few more pages dedicated to my sorority first, I think, and then focus more on things from home, like my friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Do you plan to write on these at all, Lauren? What kind of audience do you have in mind for them, and does that affect how you choose what goes on each page? If you need layout ideas, try Becky Higgins's "sketches," handily compiled at http://www.kiwiscraps.com/tms/sketches.htm. I'm not sure whether Higgins gave permission for these layout ideas to be posted online, though, so if you like the look of these, consider buying one of her books. Also see http://www.everything-about-scrapbooking.com/scrapbooking-sketches.html.

    ReplyDelete